Top Posts for July 2014
by bregs blog admin team
Here are the top read posts for July. Notwithstanding the holidays we equaled our second highest ever monthly level with over 20,600 views, we were nominated for a Blog Award Ireland and reached a milestone 125,000 views. Many thanks again to all our readers. This month we saw:
- Vivian Cummins and Caomhan Murphy, architects and council members of the representative body for architects (RIAI), both had personal opinion pieces on the difficulties faced by practitioners under BCAR SI.9.
- The evolving status of the Architectural Technologist featured. We detailed a Department meeting with both the RIAI and Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) on a separate register for Architectural Technologists. We noted the CIAT Register going live on 31st July.
- The alarming lack of consumer protection for developer-led speculative projects under SI.9 was highlighted.
- We noted an RIAI EGM which is scheduled for the 12th August 2014. It has been requested by members to call on the new Minister to Revoke SI.9.
- Readers were getting into the technical issues associated with design certification, inspection plans and ancillary certifiers in a number of more technical posts this month.
- Ex-president and current council member of the RIAI Eoin O’Cofaigh provided a detailed examination of smaller retail fit-out projects and the rationale for their exclusion under the new building regulations.
Top posts for July 2014: