RIAI AGM – Topics of Interest
by Bregs Blog admin team
RIAI AGM – topics of interest
As background information to the RIAI AGM to be held in the Alexander Hotel at 6 p.m. this evening, Monday 29th September, we have assembled a summary of issues and posts relating to recent policy, opinions, RIAI council members posts and issues associated with an earlier EGM held on 12th August 2014. These will give readers, unfamiliar with the issues, a good introduction to what is currently being discussed by members of the architectural profession. The RIAI appears to be the only stakeholder representative body discussing and debating whether the new regulation is of benefit to the consumer and industry.
The posts below include:
- A post on a recent meeting between new Minister for the Environment, Alan Kelly T.D. and the RIAI- this gives a clear insight as to how the profession is being represented at senior government level.
- A series of opinion pieces and reflections by architects and architectural technologists regarding the recent RIAI EGM and building control issues.
- List of opinion pieces and posts received from current RIAI Council members.
- An account of messages to RIAI members from the EGM signatories regarding timing etc. We note there was some discussion between members as to the timing of the event during the holiday period.
- An account compiled from a number of attendees at the EGM that give a general impression of the discussion.
- Posts of some of the topical issues occupying the minds of architect readers in the run up to the AGM. These include the current collapse in commencement notices post implementation, costs of SI.9 for a typical house, an estimate of the cost of S.I.9 to the residential sector, and finally a discussion on the cost of an alternative system of independent local authority inspections.
If you are Tweeting from tonight’s AGM please use the hashtag #RIAItalk
Current RIAI BC(A)R Policy:
Conclusion and thoughts – post EGM reflections:
- A Profession Divided? Reflections on an RIAI EGM
- ‘All Ireland’ | BC(A)R Boycott
- Opinion: “the architectural profession is largely united in opposition to S.I.9″
- SI.9 Is Defective | RIAI EGM Consensus
- | S.I. 9 | Are consumers being conned? | Brian Rochford
- Friday Follow | Eoin O’Cofaigh FRIAI
Current RIAI Council Members’ Posts:
- S.I.9 and Employees: Eoin O’Morain FRIAI
- S.I. 9 and Insurance Claims: Deirdre Lennon MRIAI
- S.I. 9 and Construction Products: Orla Hegarty MRIAI RIBA
- Vivian Cummins MRIAI: Are small architectural practices under threat from S.I.9?
- Shrapnel and Spin – Caomhán Murphy MRIAI
- Eoin O’Cofaigh: missed opportunity? BC(A)R SI.9
- News Alert | RIAI EGM Report
Open letters and background posts, note from signatories:
- Architects are Revolting – Revoke BC(A)R S.I.9!
- RIAI – EGM: Future BC(A)R Policy – Tuesday 12th August 2014
- Letters to the (BRegs Blog) Editors: Simon McGuinness MRIAI
- RIAI EGM: Open Letter to Members
- News Alert | RIAI EGM Report
- RIAI EGM: Update 12th August 2014
- RIAI EGM : Seven issues for architects to consider
- Commencement Notices | 6 months after S.I. 9
- Construction Recovery- watch this space
- ‘Recovery’ is Still Worse than the 1980s Crisis
- CSO: (Q1 2014) planning permissions for dwellings -30% drop
- The € 500 million + cost of S.I.9 in 2014
- SI.9 costs for a typical house
- The extraordinary cost of BC(A)R SI.9 of 2014
- The cost of a Solution to BC(A)R SI.9?