Top 20 posts for September
by Bregs Blog admin team
Here are the top 20 posts for September 2014.
This was our 2nd busiest month ever with over 21,500 views.
Posts are a mix of opinion pieces, detailed technical posts on changes to the building regulations, updated costs for SI.9, problems associated with interpretation of the new regulations and also clarification pieces by contributors. This month we also attempted to quantify the additional duties involved in certifier roles. Confusion regarding SI9 and standard forms supplied by financial institutions also was highlighted this month.
As September marked the 6th month of operation of SI.9 we did a review of commencement notices levels to date- still an alarming 2247. We noted this was equivalent to 60% of the 7,456 Commencement Notices submitted in 2013 which was one of the lowest figures in decades
Our top read post is an opinion piece by former president and current council member of the representative body for architects (RIAI) Eoin O’Cofaigh, followed closely by an opinion piece by Architectural Technologist Kevin Tyrrell. Again many thanks to our many varied contributors.
Don’t forget reading these blog posts qualifies for CPD points!
- Eoin O Cofaigh FRIAI- A changing landscape?
- ‘All Ireland’ | BC(A)R Boycott
- The new Part K of the Building Regulations
- SI.9 costs for a typical house
- S.I.9 | What large firms are doing
- Summary of building regulations changes posts
- Commencement Notices | 6 months after S.I. 9
- RIAI meet Minister Alan Kelly | “mind the gap”
- Bank of Ireland | Confusion over S.I.9 Building Regulations
- The self build world has been thrown into disarray
- ALERT | Owners may need Certifiers on porch extensions?
- Opinion: “the architectural profession is largely united in opposition to S.I.9″
- SI9 Schedule of duties for Certifiers
- RIAI S.I.9 CLIENT GUIDANCE NOTE – 1 Sep 2014
- New Planning and Construction Legislation | due September 2014
- Fine Gael expert group opposed the introduction of new regulations
- “Dangling Participles” and why all extensions may now require compliance with S.I.9: 2014
- DAVY Research: surprising fall in residential output Q2 2014
- Consequence Classes – What are they?
- A Profession Divided? Reflections on an RIAI EGM